| || |
Z Formation, Vol. IV
December 16, 2012 - Zach Baker
11 Somewhat Random Thoughts
1. My opinion on this might change if the Browns play awful the next three weeks, but right now, I hope they keep coach Pat Shurmur and GM Tom Heckert. For the last three weeks, we have started to see a foundation of success being built. Another restart would bring that into question.
2. My two favorite baseball teams made a trade this week, as the Reds and Indians swapped outfielders (Drew Stubbs to Cleveland, Shin Soo Choo to Cincinnati). The Indians also received a top pitching prospect from the Diamondbacks in Trevor Bauer, while the Reds parted with top shortstop prospect DiDi Gregorius. I had hoped the Indians could flip Asdrubal Cabrera for Gregorius, but that didn't happen. If the Reds win the Central and win a playoff series in '13, it's a good deal. If it falls apart and Choo gets flipped for a prospect in July, it could still be a good deal. If the Reds don't make the playoffs and lose Choo to free agency, well, then it's a bad deal for them. The Indians really didn't have much to lose here. Choo was going to walk after 13, and the Indians likely won't contend in the Central this year. To get a young pitcher and an outfielder with some tools, that's a good deal.
3. The Cavs are 5-20, and that's terrible. But they play hard despite numerous injuries, and it's fun to watch Kyrie Irving again.
4. And please, Kyrie, stay healthy.
5. You too, Dion Waiters.
6. If Seneca East's Ben Hahler doesn't lead the Midland Athletic League in rebounds, I'll be shocked. Good player.
7. On the NFLN documentary about Marcus Allen, they made a big deal about him coming back to the Raiders for a ceremony last year, never mentioning that Allen never played in Oakland. So what, exactly, was he returning to?
8. I'm still not sure why I should care about the Jets, despite ESPN's best efforts to make it so.
9. It's nice the Browns are involved in a December game that matters, even if it's more for the other team.
10. I'm always amazed at how little the Bengals run the ball late in games.
11. Is it an honor to make a bowl game if there are 371?
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment