| || |
State Track Day II
June 6, 2009 - Zach Baker
Fostoria high jumper Matt Cassidy is set to start in about three minutes. After that, St. Wendelin's Jaunna Gase will run the 100 hurdles final at 9:30.
Looks to be another pleasant day, by far the best weather we've had in the six years I've been coming down here.
12:15- With the D-III events over ...
* St. Wendelin's Jaunna Gase took eighth in the 100 hurdles (16.4)
* Lakota's Roger Guerra was seventh in the 100 (11.39)
* Lakota's Jacob Smith was third un the 110 hurdles (14.89)
* Seneca East's Jessica Phillips came in second in the 1,600 (5:07.4). She then took fifth in the 800 (2:17.43). Barnesville's Stephanie Morgan won each event.
* Fostoria's Matt Cassidy didn't place in the high jump.
* New Riegel's Michael Reinhart was eighth in the 300 hurdles (42.7) -- Reinhart fell on the last hurdle.
* Seneca East's 4 x 400 team of Drew Siesel, Andy Ruffing, Tyler Crapo and Kenny Weaver placed eighth (3:28.51)
* Mohawk's Drew Trusty finished strong and placed fifth in the 3,200 (9:40.46)
- Seneca East's Brittany Stockmaster got sixth in the 3,200 (11:24.43).
I think that's it. All that remains locally is the Upper Sandusky girls 4 x 2 (in about a half hour) and Columbian's Maya Brown (long jump and shot) at 3 p.m.
1:56- Seneca East finished seventh in the D-III girls standings with 18 points.
* Upper Sandusky's 4 x 200 team of Ashleigh Kline, Emily Caudill, Shanae Ankney and Lynzi Daughenbaugh placed eighth in 1:45.1
Maya Brown's the last area athlete to compete. She starts the long jump in an hour.
4:56- Brown jumped 16 feet and threw 36-9. Neither distance got her into finals.
That wraps it up from Columbus. Why isn't Josh Barfield playing more?