| || |
A long time ago began a festival not far away ...
February 6, 2012 - Rob Weaver
If you’ve ever seen the original “Star Wars” movie -- officially the fourth film in the series now, although it was the first to be produced -- you likely remember a key scene in which Princess Leia records a holographic message intended for Ben Kenobi. The end of her message later plays back in a loop, with the princess stating, “Help me Obi-Wan, you’re my only hope!”
Well, Tiffin-Seneca Heritage Festival’s board of trustees is making a similar plea. Except the festival doesn’t need an aging Jedi knight. It needs new blood.
Monday, civic leaders circulated a request for volunteers to help with the annual festival. Even though the event still is more than seven months away, people are needed to step forward now to help organize it.
If you’ve ever thought the Heritage Fest had, well, grown old -- and not in a way related to our past -- here’s your chance to introduce new ideas and fresh thinking.
Following are descriptions of ways you can help:
* Heritage Festival Board Member/Trustee (Priority – 4 positions open) -- Required to attend monthly meetings -- Oversees all aspects of the festival to include Downtown, Village, School Days to ensure all activities meet the mission of the festival -- Responsible for reviewing all chairperson reports and may assist in organizing specific events to benefit one area of the festival -- Supervising festival during festival weekend (The Festival is in need of Marketing Specialist and Fundraising Specialist to fill 2 of the positions needed)
* Village Children’s Area Chairperson (Priority position) -- Working directly with and reporting to School Days Chairperson & Village General Chairpersons -- Creating and organizing new craft activities for the youth -- Purchasing necessary craft items within budget -- Contacting and coordinating volunteers into shifts to assist the kids (Heidelberg and Tiffin University) -- Supervising during festival weekend
* Village Gate Chairperson (Priority position) -- Working directly with and reporting to the Village General Chairpersons -- Recruiting and scheduling volunteer shifts to ensure all Village Gates are being manned through the festival weekend
* Village Entertainment Chairperson -- Working directly with and reporting to Village General Chairpersons -- Contact former groups via existing mailing list -- Coordinating any specific needs of each group -- Send contracts to be signed -- Scouting for new village entertainment -- Creating schedule of events -- Supervision during festival weekend
* Logistics Coordinator (priority position) -- This position reports to the Festival Board of Trustees and coordinates with the Village and Downtown General Chairpersons -- Responsible for all “random” tasks required to include but not limited to: contacting local dealership to schedule use of the Gator, picking up the fire extinguisher, working with the City to ensure all necessary gates and code requirements are being met -- Organizing trash removal for Downtown and Village -- Responsible for overseeing the set-up and tear-down of the festival and supervision during festival weekend
* Downtown Day-Time Chairperson -- Reports directly to the Festival Board of Trustees -- Responsible for overseeing all downtown activities and areas and assisting those areas with any needs they may have during the festival weekend -- Recruiting area organizations/clubs to create and manage their own events/activities -- Scheduling of all events throughout the day -- Marketing new activities/events -- Working with Visitor Bureau at the Information Booths
* Downtown Night-Time Chairperson -- Reports directly to the Festival Board of Trustees -- Responsible for overseeing all downtown activities and areas and assisting those areas with any needs they may have during the festival weekend -- Working directly with the Lot 7 Chairperson regarding entertainment -- Scheduling of all events throughout the evening -- Marketing new activities/events
* Downtown Events Coordinator -- Reports directly to the Festival Board of Trustees and coordinates with the Day-Time and Night-Time Chairpersons -- Recruiting area organizations/clubs/groups to create and manage their own events/activities throughout the festival weekend -- Sending and managing all contracts -- Coordinating the scheduling all Downtown events with each area -- Marketing all Downtown events
If you can help, please do. You may have information vital to the survival of the heritage festival in your memory systems. ...
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment