STAGEPLUS Co-owner Sheila Graham says only 10 percent of prospective home buyers can visualize an empty room's potential. To help attract the other 90 percent, Graham and her sister, Marcia Focht, run STAGEPLUS, a real estate staging business.
The business, located at 25 Herrick Court, helps prepare homes to sell and also photographs the finished product. It opened in December.
"We're up and running and available for work," Focht said.
Focht previously was in the real estate business and Graham is a certified professional stager with an education in interior design, Focht said.
The pair got started after Graham moved to the area and lived in a house Focht was renovating. They staged the house, and it was sold following its first showing.
Focht said a real estate company suggested the sisters do staging for a living.
Staging and stage prep, which entails the de-cluttering, detailing and repair work on a house prior to adding furniture and the finishing touches, both are important steps in marketing real estate. Focht said she and Graham can do both.
"We can manage the product from beginning to end," she said.
Graham said STAGEPLUS recently had collaborative workshops with Select Realty called "Stage it, List it, Sell it," which landed the sister two consultations.
"It turned out really well," she said.
Another collaborative workshop with Bilger's Lawn & Landscape called "Spring Bling!" is scheduled 2-3 p.m. March 24 at the Seneca Regional Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Services community room.
Graham said the workshop will be about curb appeal.
See the business' page on Facebook for more information.