Hopewell-Loudon: Up with the new, down with the old. It was in 1937, to combine Hopewell and Loudon townships for a school to replace one-room schools. The first levy failed, the second one passed. The Public Works Administration promised $90,000, providing the people of the district would approve a bond issue of $100,000. The school opened in the fall of 1939. We were kids coming out of the Great Depression.