FOSTORIA - Two of three Fostoria teens arrested earlier this month in Bowling Green after they allegedly assaulted two men and left the scene have admitted to felonious assault charges.
Tim Brown, executive director of Wood County Juvenile Court, said two of the boys appeared in court Monday for an adjudicatory hearing where they both admitted to the charge of felonious assault.
One is to appear Oct. 7 for a dispositional hearing and the other is to appear Oct. 17. Brown said at the hearings, the boys are to find out the consequences of their convictions.
The third teen is scheduled to appear Monday for his adjudicatory hearing.
The boys, two of whom are members of the Fostoria High School football team, were arrested after they allegedly assaulted two people in downtown Bowling Green. The boys two 16-year-olds and a 17-year-old - left the scene and were apprehended during a traffic stop on Interstate 75.
The boys were then taken to the juvenile detention center.
Brown was unable to provide further details Tuesday afternoon about the attack that sent the victims to the hospital. He said consequences for the boys will be completely up to the judge.
In line with The Advertiser-Tribune policy, the names of the juveniles are not being published.