GREEN SPRINGS - An Adams Township house caught fire due to an electrical issue Sunday.
Chief Greg Lowe of Green Springs Volunteer Fire Department said the fire at 5655 N. TR 169 caused an estimated $30,000 in damage to contents, a room and the house's exterior.
Lowe said Richard Miller owns the home and lives there with his six children. The family is going to stay in the house, he said.
PHOTO BY JILL GOSCHE
Firefighters work at the scene of a house fire at 5655 N. TR 169 Sunday afternoon.
The chief said he thinks children found the fire when they arrived home, and everyone got out of the house safely. No one was injured, he said.
Lowe said when firefighters arrived, flames were coming out of the top bedroom window on the south side of the house. He estimated it took half an hour to get the fire under control.
He said the fire was contained to a bedroom, and he thought the room is where the fire started. The bedroom and its contents were destroyed, and the rest of the house had smoke damage, he said.
Personnel from Green Springs and Old Fort fire departments, Republic EMS and Seneca County Sheriff's Office responded to the scene of the fire.
It was reported around 12:20 p.m. Sunday, according to the sheriff's office.