MAL BASKETBALL: The Midland Athletic League basketball record manual is for sale. The manual costs $15 and includes scores, stats, all-league teams, coaching records and more since the inception of the league in 1985. To buy a manual, send $20 ($5 for postage) to Jeff Garber, P.O. Box 303, Sycamore, OH 44882, or call (419) 927-6446. Garber can also be contacted by those who want to update an existing manual.
COACH SOUGHT: Upper Sandusky seeks a varsity wrestling coach. Send a letter of interest, resume and references to Athletic Director Brad Ehrman, Upper Sandusky High School, 800 N. Sandusky Ave., Upper Sandusky, Ohio 43351 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Fremont St. Joseph has an opening for a varsity assistant softball coach and a varsity boys golf coach. For more information, contact Gary Geller at (419) 332-9947 or email@example.com.
GOLF: The annual Miletti Golf Outing is June 8 at Seneca Hills Golf Course with four-person men, women and mixed teams. The outing will benefit Calvert Athletic Boosters. Call Mike Arbogast at (419) 937-8348 for more information.
* The Jeffrey Jewelry Best-Ball League will hold an organizational meeting April 7 at 5:30 p.m. at Seneca Hills. For more information, call the course at (419) 447-9446 or (419) 448-4422.
BASEBALL: The Tiffin Babe Ruth League will hold a player draft at 1 p.m. today at Vic Wurm Field at Hedges-Boyer Park in Tiffin. To qualify, a player must be 13 to 15 years old and not turn 15 before May 1. For more information, contact Fred McDole at (419) 455-4490, (567) 220-3018 or TABRl.baberuthonline.com. The league also seeks coaches for the 2014 season. In case of inclement weather, the draft will occur April 5 at the same time.
* Tiffin D League seeks coaches. Must be at least 21, work well with youth, have a good rapport with parents, have knowledge of the game and be a positive role model. Send resume to Jeff Hohman at 216 Hudson St., Tiffin, Ohio 44883 or call (419) 448-7321.
* Tiffin D League will hold a double-elimination house tournament May 2-4 for 11- to 12-year-olds. Cost is $200. The deadline to enter is April 19. For more information, call Jeff Hohman at (419) 448-7321.
* The Seneca County Little League's organizational meeting for the upcoming season is 2 p.m. today at the Tiffin-Seneca Public Library. Exemptions, rule changes and other items will be voted on for the upcoming season. Number of teams, rosters and fees can be brought. For more information, call Mike Eckenrod at (567) 224-8938 or (419) 426-5970.
SOFTBALL: The Ohio Fury Softball Program will hold the Star Spangle Shootout ASA Eastern Qualifier Girls Softball Tournament on July 4-6 at KC Geiger Park in St. Marys. There are 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U and 18U divisions. For more information, contact Mike Short at (419) 738-3795 or Eric Langsdon (419) 305-2512, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Entry forms are at www.eteamz.com/ohiofury1/.
* The Ohio Fury Softball Program will hold Wapak Classic ASA Eastern Qualifier Girls Softball Tournament on July 26-27 at Wapakoneta Veteran's Park in Wapakoneta. There are 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U and 18U divisions. For more information, contact Mike Short at (419) 738-3795 or email@example.com. Entry forms are at www.eteamz.com/ohiofury2/.
HEIDELBERG MENS BASKETBALL YOUTH CAMP: Coach Andy Bucheit and the Heidelberg University men's basketball program will host a skills camp for fourth through seventh graders. Session one for boys entering fourth and fifth grade will be June 9-11. Session two for boys entering sixth and seventh grade will be June 16-18.
BASEBALL CLINIC: The Fremont Batting Range will host the 2014 Father and Son Baseball Clinic Sunday from 1-4 p.m. at Naderer Field, 220 Sullivan Rd. In case of rain clinic will be held at the Fremont Batting Range, 1405 E. State St. Clinic is open to baseball players age 7-12. The clinic will be ran by FBR instructor and operator Joshua Delp and St. Joe and American Legion baseball coach Robert George. Cost is $40 and includes T-shirt and free batting tokens. For more information, call (419) 334-9455 or visit www.fremontbattingrange.com.
CORRECTION: The Seneca East girls track picture was inadvertently omitted from our spring sports preview. It is running in today's edition on page 3B.