JV SOFTBALL: Columbian defeated Willard 13-6. Taylor Tobin went 4 of 5 with three runs and an RBI while Kia Patillo went 3 of 3 with two walks, two runs and an RBI. Jessica Funk was the winning pitcher.
JV BASEBALL: Seneca East took down Colonel Crawford 13-1. Zach Aichholz had two doubles, Ryan Bowerman had two doubles and three runs, Corey Coppus had two hits, and Danny Bowerman had a home run. Aichholz was the winning pitcher allowing four hits and striking out three.
* Columbian beat Willard 34-3. Logan Gardner was 3 for 3 with an RBI, Ryan Niedermier was 2 for 4 with a double and three RBIs, Trent Steinmetz was 2 for 3 with four RBIs while Austin Mungia was 2 for 2 with two RBIs. Gardner struck out six batters in three innings of work.
JV TENNIS: Columbian's Tyler Hawk won a singles match against Marion Harding. In doubles the teams of Hayden Stone and Nils Gommel, Gus Panuto and Nate Wise, Will Jones and Nicolas Villamizar, and Jared Bour-Jones and Jared Anderson all picked up wins.
GOLF: The Steyer Seed Two-Man Scramble League at Clinton Heights will have a practice round at 4 p.m. April 15. League play begins April 22.
* The Tuesday Two-Man Best Ball League at Clinton Heights starts April 29 and seeks new players. To enter, visit or call the golf course at (419) 447-8863.
* The Clark Construction Ladies Thursday Golf League will hold an organizational meeting at 6 p.m. April 17 at Clinton Heights Golf Course. To sign up, visit the course or call (419) 447-7441 or (419) 639-2087.
* The Reineke Ford Monday Morning Two-Man Scramble League will have a fun day April 21 and will begin April 28. To join, call Mike Hampp at (567) 230-0393 or Clinton Heights at (419) 447-8863.
* The Seneca Hills Retirees League begins play at 10 a.m. April 14. Players must sign in by 9:30 a.m. For more information, call (419) 447-9446.
* The Seneca Hills Tuesday A.M. Ladies League will begin pay to play at 8:30 a.m. May 6. League play begins at 8:30 a.m. May 13. Players should sign in at the course by 8 a.m. For more information or to join, call Lou Anne Newlove at (419) 938-3295, Barb Kuhn at (419) 447-1609, Linda Lawrence at (419) 448-9848 or Debbie Gerschutz at (419) 448-9588.
* The Men's Catholic League organizational meeting is April 16 at 5 p.m. at Seneca Hills. The league starts play the following Wednesday on April 23. If you have any questions please contact Nate Hartman at (419) 618-7705.
* Opening day for Bump's Traveling League was washed out on Tuesday. We will try again next week at Fostoria Country Club beginning at 11 a.m. For more information call (419) 595-2756.
* Nature Trails Senior League will start play on Wednesday April 30 at 8 a.m. New players are welcome.
* The 2014 Par Tee League, sponsored by Diverse Technology Solutions, starts May 1 at Clinton Heights Golf Course. The league will last 20 weeks and be played in two halves. Interested golfers can sign up, get rules information and a schedule at Clinton Heights Golf Course. Cost is $25. For more information, call Dan Mathias at (419) 448-6738 or (419) 348-6306.
COACHES SOUGHT: Tiffin Columbian High School is looking for a head volleyball coach and a head varsity girls basketball coach. Candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to Derek Lewis Athletic Director at Columbian High School, 300 South Monroe Street or email@example.com
* Genoa seeks a varsity football coach. Applicants should have prior high school coaching experience and be prepared to oversee the entire Genoa program. Teaching positions may be available. Send a cover letter, resume and references to Athletic Director Mike Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or Genoa High School, 2980 N. Genoa Clay Center Road, Genoa, Ohio 43430. The deadline to apply is April 21.