JV BASEBALL: Hopewell-Loudon beat Carey 11-1. Matt Huth pitched a complete game for the win. Tristan Molotla, Adam Bour and Alex Bour all went 3 of 3 for the Chieftains.
JV SOFTBALL: Mohawk doubled up Lakota 20-10 on the strength of Allison Osborn's homer, triple, single and six RBIs. Stacy Clouse drove in four runs with a triple and two singles for the Warriors (10-0), winning pitcher Mya Morris (5-0) drove in a pair with a homer and single, Raeanna Garber lined three singles and Marissa Leeth singled twice.
GOLF: Len Goshe and Howard Hohman lead the Steyer Seed Tuesday Evening Scramble League at Clinton Heights with 6 1/2 points. Two teams shared the low gross. Aaron Rider and Eric Wise tied with Lou Brickner and Mike Theis with 36s. Prize holes went to Theis (closest in two No. 2), Goshe (long putt No. 4), Hohman (long drive No. 6) and Adam Schmucker (closest to the pin No. 8).
* Jim Reuss, Fred Smith and Ray Nutter tied the team of Don Kin, Leonard Farr, Skip Halcomb and Mike Hampp at 5 under to share the win in the Clinton Heights Senior League. Prizes went to Smith (closest in one No. 5, closest in two No. 3), Greg Bishop (closest in three No. 9) and Ted Rohmbach (long putt No. 6).
* The AMVETS League starts at 9 a.m. May 14 at Seneca Hills. The league will hold a banquet at 6 p.m. May 7 at the AMVETS hall. New members are welcome. For more information, call Ray Krupp at (419) 447-5663 or Dan Galaba at (419) 447-3504.
* The Tiffin YMCA's seventh annual Swing for Kids Golf Scramble is May 17 at Seneca Hills Golf Course. Golf is $50 per person or $200 ateam. Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. Golfers or sponsors can call (419) 447-8711 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Reineke Early Flight League at Clinton Heights is accepting new members. For more information, call Eric Williams at (567) 224-1839
* The K of C Golf League will have a practice round at Clinton Heights today. The regular season starts May 1. Tee off will be from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Rules and schedules will be handed out at this time. Call (419) 447-2537.
FUNDRAISER: The Hopewell-Loudon Athletic Boosters reverse raffle is Saturday. Doors open at 6 p.m. Grand prize is $10,000. Tickets are $100 each, with only 300 sold. Dinner and admission are included. For more information, call Craig Lang at (419) 618-5952.
BASEBALL: Tiffin Babe Ruth League seeks players age 13-15 for the upcoming season. They cannot turn 16 before May 1. The league also seeks coaches. For more information, call Fred McDole at (419) 455-4490 or (567) 320-3018.
* Baseballs for the Seneca County Little League may be picked up Saturday at 2 p.m. at the Tiffin-Seneca Public Library. Schedules will be emailed out with rosters in the next few days. Fees are due at this time if they have not been paid. For more information, call Mike Eckenrod at (419) 426-5970 or (567) 224-8938.