BROWNS BACKERS GOLF OUTING: Ernest Byner and Webster Slaughter will be the featured guests July 19 at the Browns Backers event at Clinton Heights. For more information, call Jeff Morrow at (419) 989-0164.
FALL?SPORTS?MEETING: St. Wendelin will hold its fall OHSAA mandatory sports meeting for all student-athletes at 7 p.m. July 30 in the St. Wendelin Parish Life Center. One parent for each student must attend. A coach's meeting for each team will follow with a video and brief discussion.
* Hopewell-Loudon is to hold a mandatory parent-athlete meeting at 6 p.m. July 28 in the school auditorium for all students interested in participating in sports this fall. All are expected to visit the school website prior to the meeting to view the two required OHSAA videos. For more information, contact Ginni Beaston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Upper Sandusky will hold its mandatory fall OHSAA sports meeting July 29 in the high school gym. Parents of all fall sports athletes must attend. A general meeting begins at 7 p.m., followed by sport-specific meetings. For more information, call the school at (419) 294-2308.
GOLF: The Carey Area Chamber of Commerce will host its 16th annual Golf Outing at Lakeland Golf Course Sept. 6 at 8 a.m. Cost is $50 per person (lunch included) and will be a four-person scramble. Deadline for entry is Sept. 2. Checks can be made payable to Carey Area Chamber of Commerce. For more information, call (419) 396-6264 or (419) 306-7696.
* The annual Seneca East Athletic Boosters Scramble is Sunday at Clinton Heights with an 8 a.m. shotgun start. Cost is $50 per person or $200 per four-person team, which includes 18 holes, cart, meal, hole prizes and cash payment for the top three teams. For more information, call Tom Nagel at (567) 224-4144.
* Jim Miccichi, Bill Miccichi, Brian Miccichi and Stan Bowers tied the team of Larry Wilson, Tom Ruikkie, Tim Mannas and Bob Barchus at even par to win the Monday Retirees League at Seneca Hills. Prizes went to Rufuss Tyree (long putt No. 5) and Jim Miccichi (closest to pin No. 16). Dick Best and Jeff Wise each shot a 34 for the low gross.
* Bo Yanni and Rick Burkett won the second third of the Jeffrey Jewelry League at Seneca Hills. Jim Reinhart and Rick Steiner fired a 33 for the low round. Prizes went to Reinhart (long drive No. 17) and Rick Focht (closest in three No. 17).
* John and Tony Arend lead the second third of the K of C League by a point over Andy Brickner and Nick Fry. Prizes went to Mike Porter (closest to pin No. 1), Steve Zirger (long putt No. 6) and Andy Hess (closest to pin No. 5).
n Glenn Platt, Fritz Elchert, Dave Tey, Bob Hammer and Darl Elchert shot 5 over to win the Bump's Traveling League at Lincoln Hills. Platt's 72 took low net. Next week's outing is at 9:30 a.m. at Seneca Hills.
* Bob Haver and Scott Haver lead the Tuesday Afternoon Two-Man Scramble League at Clinton Heights with 21 points. Dave Snyder and Adam Schmucker shot a 31 for the low gross. Prizes went to Ron Kern (long drive No. 1, closest to pin No. 5), Bob Kissell (long putt No. 4) and Tim Peiffer (closest in two No. 6).
SOFTBALL: The Fremont Batting Range will hold a fastpitch softball clinic 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Aug. 9-10 for girls age 8-12 at Anderson Field in Fremont. The camp covers hitting, bunting, pitching, defense and baserunning instruction. Cost is $60 and includes a T-shirt and five free batting tokens. Sign up is at the Fremont Batting Range. All girls must pre-register prior to the clinic date. For more information, call (419) 334-9455.
* The 17th annual Laurie Mann Memorial USSSA men's qualifier is July 25-26 at Port Clinton's Waterworks Park. For more information, call Mike Williamson at (419) 603-7687.
FLAG FOOTBALL: A new fall flag football league for Tiffin City School students in grades 2-6 is forming. Parents must register their children at one of three meetings. Practices and games will take place on Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings starting Aug. 26. More details will be announced shortly.
YOUTH FOOTBALL: The Tiffin BullDawgs are registering third through seventh grade players. For more information, contact Joseph Goodman at (419) 934-0002 or email@example.com.
CYO VOLLEYBALL: Registration for CYO volleyball occurs at the St. Joseph Activity Center Thursday from 7-8 p.m. and July 21 from 7-8 p.m. CYO is open to any girl grade 4-8 who is a member of St. Joseph or St. Mary Parish, or a student at Calvert Catholic Schools. Cost is $28. For more information, call Wendy Laney at (419) 443-9493.
FOOTBALL: Columbian will host a camp July 22-24 for students entering grades 4-8. Sessions run 9-11:30 a.m. Cost is $30. For more information, go to the Tiffin City Schools website or Facebook page. Send registrations to coach Brian Colatruglio at the school. For more information, call (419) 937-6457.