GOLF: In the Thursday Night YMCA 2-man Scramble League at Seneca Hills, the team Bruce Hickle and Kevin Zeperwick leads with 62 points. Prize holes were won by Brian Kern (closest in twp on No. 10) and Charlie Ervin (long putt on No. 14)
* In the Jeffrey Jewelry League, the team of Jared Kuhlman and Derek Lewis carded the low round of 33. Prizes went to Dan Piccuto (closest in two on No. 2) and Denny Krupp (long putt on No. 8).
* Ron Brickner shot a 36 for the low gross in the P.J. Brickhouse League. Prizes went to Rick Kessler (closest to pin on No. 1), Jeremy Schumm (long putt on No. 2) and Brickner (closest in three on No. 6).
* The team of Dutch Edeburn, Wade Burger, Greg Bishop and Gary Holman shot 7-under par to tie for first place with Ted Rombach, Jim Radcliff, Keith Beighner and Dave Combs in the Clinton Heights Senior League. Prizes were awarded to Burger (closest to pin on No. 8), Fred Smith (closest in two on No. 7), Edeburn (closest in three on No. 9) and Beighner (long putt on No. 1).
* The team of Brian Krauss and Jim Miccichi are in first place in the Amvets League. Prizes went to Larry Wilson (closest to the pin on No. 2), Frank Michniak (long putt on No. 8) and Mike Kimmet (closest in two on No. 1).
* Local 533 retirees and employees will hold their golf outing Aug. 17 at Nature Trails, with an 8 a.m. shotgun start. Golf and food is provided. Cart rental is $10. For more information, call the union office at (419) 436-5814 or Tray Trautman at (419) 701-9850.?
* The Carey Area Chamber of Commerce will host its 16th annual Golf Outing at Lakeland Golf Course on Sept. 6 at 8 a.m. Cost is $50 per person (lunch included) and will be a four-person scramble. Deadline for entry is Sept. 2. Checks can be made payable to Carey Area Chamber of Commerce. For more information, call (419) 396-6264 or (419) 306-7696.?
COLUMBIAN GOLF: There will be an informational player and parent meeting Monday for anyone interested in playing golf. The meeting will be at 5:30 p.m. in the Tiffin Middle School library. Paperwork, schedules and tryout information will be passed out and discussed. For more information, contact Coach Vasko at (567) 230-2603.
SOFTBALL: The Fremont Batting Range will hold a fastpitch softball clinic 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Aug. 9-10 for girls age 8-12 at Anderson Field in Fremont. The camp covers hitting, bunting, pitching, defense and baserunning instruction. Cost is $60 and includes a T-shirt and five free batting tokens. Sign up is at the Fremont Batting Range. All girls must pre-register prior to the clinic date. For more information, call (419) 334-9455.
* The 17th annual Laurie Mann Memorial USSSA men's qualifier is Friday and Saturday at Port Clinton's Waterworks Park. For more information, call Mike Williamson at (419) 603-7687.
BASEBALL: The Northern Ohio Storm 10U/11U travel team will hold tryouts Aug. 10 at 1 p.m. at Oakley Park in Tiffin for the spring and summer 2015 season. Players age 9-11 are welcome to tryout. For more information, call (567) 230-6072 or (567) 207-7508 or go to
YOUTH FOOTBALL: The Seneca County BullDawgs are registering third- through seventh-grade players. For more information, contact Joseph Goodman at (419) 934-0002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.?
FALL SPORTS MEETING: Seneca East will hold its mandatory OHSAA fall sports meeting for fall sports athletes and parents July 29 at 6 p.m. at the school.
* St. Wendelin will hold its fall OHSAA mandatory sports meeting for all student-athletes at 7 p.m. July 30 in the St. Wendelin Parish Life Center. One parent for each student must attend. A coach's meeting for each team will follow with a video and brief discussion.
* Hopewell-Loudon will hold a mandatory parent-athlete meeting at 6 p.m. Monday in the school auditorium for all fall sports athletes. All are expected to visit the school website prior to the meeting to view the two required OHSAA videos. For more information, contact Ginni Beaston at email@example.com.?
* Upper Sandusky will hold its mandatory fall OHSAA sports meeting Tuesday in the high school gym. Parents of all fall sports athletes must attend. A general meeting begins at 7 p.m., followed by sport-specific meetings. For more information, call the school at (419) 294-2308.
ALUMNI SOCCER: Columbian will hold its alumni game 6:30 p.m. Aug. 8 at Frost-Kalnow Stadium. Any alumni who played for Columbian are invited to play against this year's team. Alumni are asked to wear a blue shirt.