TIFFIN MIDDLE SCHOOL: Cross Country practice will begin from 9-11 a.m. Friday at Columbian's track. All athletes will need to have physicals and emergency medical forms filled out to practice. For more information, contact Justin Depinet at (419) 618-2063.
* Football practice begins Aug. 4 at 5 p.m. Eighth-graders should report to the visitors side of Frost-Kalnow Stadium. Players must have a current physical in order to participate. For more information, call (567) 230-2233.
COLUMBIAN GOLF: Columbian will hold an informational player and parent meeting at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Tiffin Middle School library for those interested in playing golf. Paperwork, schedules and tryout information will be passed out and discussed. For more information, call (567) 230-2603.
FALL SPORTS MEETING: Seneca East will hold its mandatory OHSAA fall sports meeting for fall sports athletes and parents 6 p.m. today at the school.
* St. Wendelin will hold its fall OHSAA mandatory sports meeting for all student-athletes at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the St. Wendelin Parish Life Center. One parent for each student must attend. A coach's meeting for each team will follow with a video and brief discussion.
* Upper Sandusky will hold its mandatory fall OHSAA sports meeting today in the high school gym. Parents of all fall sports athletes must attend. A general meeting begins at 7 p.m., followed by sport-specific meetings. For more information, call the school at (419) 294-2308.
*?The mandatory fall OHSAA?meeting for all Tiffin?Middle School and Columbian High School athletes and their parents is 6 p.m. Aug. 7 in the high school auditorium.
ALUMNI SOCCER: Columbian is to hold its alumni game 6:30 p.m. Aug. 8 at Frost-Kalnow Stadium. Any alumni who played for Columbian are invited to play against this year's team. Alumni are asked to wear a blue shirt.
BASEBALL: The Northern Ohio Storm 10U/11U travel team will hold tryouts Aug. 10 at 1 p.m. at Oakley Park in Tiffin for the spring and summer 2015 season. Players age 9-11 are welcome to tryout. For more information, call (567) 230-6072 or (567) 207-7508 or go to www.facebook/nosbaseball.
COACH?SOUGHT:?Upper Sandusky has an opening for an assistant girls soccer coach for the upcoming school year. Interested candidates should contact Brad Ehrman at (419) 294-1788.
GOLF:?The team of Jeff Wise, Harry Smith, Paul R. Fey and Bob Ruikkie tied Larry?Wilson, Jim Peterman, Tom Holz and Lowell Hosler at plus-2 to win Monday's retiree's league at Seneca Hills.?Prizes went to Stan Bowers (long putt, No. 10) and Frank Michniak (closest to pin, No. 16). Wilson shot a 35 for low gross.
* Cary Herzog and Greg?Tiell lead the second third of the K of?C Golf League with 35 1/2 points. Prize winners were Tim Ritzler (long putt, No. 2), Matt Frank (closest to the pin, No. 5) and Ron Frank (closest to the pin, No. 7).
* Local 533 retirees and employees will hold their golf outing Aug. 17 at Nature Trails, with an 8 a.m. shotgun start. Golf and food is provided. Cart rental is $10. For more information, call the union office at (419) 436-5814 or Tray Trautman at (419) 701-9850.
* The Carey Area Chamber of Commerce will host its 16th annual Golf Outing at Lakeland Golf Course on Sept. 6 at 8 a.m. Cost is $50 per person (lunch included) and will be a four-person scramble. Deadline for entry is Sept. 2. Checks can be made payable to Carey Area Chamber of Commerce.
YOUTH FOOTBALL: The Tiffin BullDawgs are registering third through seventh grade players. For more information, contact Joseph Goodman at (419) 934-0002 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.?
* Tiffin Flag Football will register players in grades 2-6 for teams at Frost-Kalnow Stadium 9-10 a.m. Saturday and 6-7 p.m. Aug. 13. Cost is $35 per player. Practices will occur Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings, beginning Aug. 26. For more information, e-mail
SOFTBALL: The Lake Erie Waves 14U travel team will hold tryouts for the 2014-15 season Aug. 9-10 at 2 p.m. at Castalia's Lions Park. Players should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to tryouts. For more information, call Bill Yost at (419) 515-9296 or Mike Williamson at (419) 603-7687.
* The Geary Family YMCA in Fostoria will hold a one-pitch all-night tournament and home-run derby Aug. 15-16 at Foundation Park. USSSA rules are to apply. Tournament entry is $175, $200 for campers. Home-run derby registration is $5 for tournament players, $10 for walkups. Registration deadline is Aug. 8. To enter or for more information, contact Greg Flores at
RUNNING: Heidelberg University's inaugural Mustache Mania 5K Run/Walk and Mile Fun Run Race is Aug. 9. Registration runs 7:30-8:30 a.m. at Seiberling Gymnasium, with races at 9 a.m. Cost is $20 for the 5K and $7 for the Fun Run, which is for runners age 14 and under. For more information, call (419) 448-2100.